In Church People Witness to Save Souls.
At The Witness Project They Witness to
The Witness Project
This program empowers women to take responsibility for their health care needs. It demonstrates that a diagnosis of cancer is neither a death sentence nor a punishment, and provides accurate, personal information about early detection and treatment.
The immediate goal is to increase the number of women using breast and cervical cancer screening programs.
The long-term goal is to reduce death and sickness from breast and cervical cancer by increasing the number of women who use breast self-examinations, clinical breast examinations, mammograms, pelvic exams, and pap smears to find cancer early.
Our On-Going Goals
- To empower men & women to take responsibility for their health needs.
- To address the fears and beliefs many women & men hold about cancer.
- To demonstrate that a diagnosis of cancer is neither a death sentence nor a punishment.
- To provide accurate, personal information about early detection and treatment.
- To demonstrate that it’s okay to talk about cancer.
- To reassure men & women that God is still with them.
- To emphasize that you have a right and a duty to take care of yourself.
The Witness Project® is a culturally competent, community-based, breast and cervical cancer education program through which cancer survivors and lay health advisors increase awareness, knowledge, screening and early detection behaviors in women in an effort to reduce the mortality and morbidity from cancer.
How You Can Get Involved
We are interested in expanding this project throughout Southern Nevada. Training programs are available several times a year.
The Witness Project® is a program that can save lives. If you want to know what you can do, or if you want to have this program in your church or organization, please let us hear from you.
To learn more about volunteering and making a difference in the community, please contact us by snail mail, email or filling out the form below:
North Las Vegas, NV 89031